Integrated Sterilizer & Shredder – Introduction
Compact Solution for Biohazard Waste Disposal
The ISS performs both shredding and waste steam sterilization in a single vessel. The vessel is fitted with a motor driven shaft, with powerful shredding/crushing blades which reduce the size and volume of the waste.
- Easy to Operate – No need for special technician qualification.
- Environmentally Sound – Shredded waste is reduced to as little as 1/5 its original volume, without emitting harmful substances.
- Cost-effective – Inexpensive operation and maintenance.
- Totally Safe – Automatic locking door prohibits unauthorized interruption.
- Efficient – A single unit can serve any middle size hospital, clinic or laboratory.
- Compact – Room of only 3 x 4 meters is necessary.
- Easily and quickly installed – Within one day.
Celitron’s compact medical hazardous waste solution, the Integrated Sterilizer & Shredder*, is a large steam sterilizer with an integrated shredder, designed for on-site conversion of biohazard waste in hospitals and clinics, complying the EU and WHO recommendations.
The stainless steel vessel is fitted with a motor-driven shaft, with powerful shredding / crushing blades that can rotate in two directions to reduce the size and volume of the waste down to 20%. The 5,5kW motor is sufficient to rotate the shaft with an RPM of 300-1100 for various operations. The blades are mounted on the shaft and are designed to shred waste such as sharps, dialyzers, syringes, papers, cloth, plastic and glass. Shredding is important as it enhances the steam penetration therefore improves the overall sterilization results.
The steam is internally produced by a steam generator, supplied by water purification and draining system as standard accessory. The vessel is constructed with internal sprinklers for automatic cleaning. The entire process is automatic, including the opening and closing the door, turning and rotating of the vessel and the sequences of shredding and sterilization. The total cycle time can take as fast as 25-35 minutes and between 15 to 25 kg of waste can be processed.
After treated in the ISS, the waste is sterile. The liquid components of the waste are steamed out of the vessel, re-condensed and drained to a municipal sewer. As the waste is dehydrated, there is no risk of contaminated waste water. The waste is rendered, fragmented, non toxic, largely solid and dry and therefore safe to be disposed as regular municipal waste.
* A range of models with different capacities (25 to 1500 liters) are available. For catalogues of 3X, 7X, 10X models, please contact us.
Spanish flyer: Celitron – Esterilizador y Trituradora Integrade
Hungarian flyer: Celitron – Integrált Sterilizáló és Aprító
English Brochure: Celitron – Medical Waste Solution – Integrated Sterilizer & Shredder