Dead animal carcass disposal: what is the best method for slaughterhouses and farms?
The disposal of dead animal carcass waste is an issue everyone working in the agricultural and meat industry needs to handle. So, what if we told you there was a way to make the most out of this responsibility?
With the right method, you can not only be sure that the disposal of your animal carcasses is done safely and efficiently, but you can also recycle valuable animal by-products, which you can then use as high-quality organic feed or fertilizer.
In this article, we will be discussing how slaughterhouses and farms can benefit from Celitron’s own dead animal disposal solution: the ISS AGRI Facility!
What are the main benefits of Celitron’s animal carcass disposal system?
High-capacity and flexible size for animal carcass disposal
From 10 up to 100 tons per day.
Local and immediate disposal of dead animal carcasses
On-site recovery of animal by-products (meat, blood, feather, bone meal and animal fats).
Cost-effective carcass disposal
Low energy consumption, shorter sterilization cycles.
Small environmental footprint
No transportation, save on storage costs.
What is the ISS AGRI Facility? An on-site method for dead animal carcass disposal
Celitron’s ISS AGRI Facility is an excellent solution for slaughterhouse and farm waste disposal and can handle the on-site removal of whole carcasses with ease, such as poultry, swine, sheep, cattle, and even fish.
Thanks to its medical-grade sterilization and its unique shredding technology it can easily help you recover animal by-products on-site after the carcass disposal process.
The ISS AGRI can treat and render all by-products thanks to powerful shredding blades, including the bones, blood, feathers, and fat content of the animal. After sterilizing the disposed animal carcasses, it separates all liquid and solid materials, which you can then collect right at the site of your farm or slaughterhouse in the form of meat meal, blood meal, feather meal, bone meal, and animal fat. These by-products can then be resold as animal feed or fertilizer, or used as healthy and protein-rich fodder for your own farm animals!
Parts of Celitron’s animal carcass disposal system: how does it work?
The system includes an Integrated Sterilization and Shredding system (ISS),as well as a special separator, decanter, and dryer. The complete process is automatic and can be completed within an hour.
Celitron’s ISS AGRI Facility: an excellent solution for farm and slaughterhouse waste disposal
There are a lot of ways to handle the carcass disposal of dead animals, but for many reasons, Celiton’s ISS AGRI Facility is especially apt at handling animal waste removal. Here are just a few examples of how you can benefit from using our carcass rendering facility compared to other treatment methods!
Disposal of dead animal carcasses in a cost-effective way
One of the main factors everyone wants to consider first is of course the cost. Since finding an animal carcass disposal solution is the responsibility of all who work with livestock or other sectors of the agricultural industry, it’s something you have to do anyway. Still, that doesn’t mean you have to drown in expenses! Whether you have a smaller or a bigger business to run, our on-site animal carcass removal system is guaranteed to save you money in the long run.
For example, using more traditional carcass disposal methods like landfills and incinerators can certainly do the job as well, but they also have higher operating costs, and thus you will also have to pay a higher price to gain access to these services.
Animal carcass disposal and rendering sustainably: no air pollution compared to incinerators
Incinerators are still a popular solution for animal carcass disposal, but there is a trade-off for that efficiency: there is a much higher risk of air pollution, not to mention you cannot recycle any animal by-products since the carcasses will be completely destroyed.
- Celitron’s on-site dead animal disposal system is designed to be as economically and environmentally sustainable as possible. To prevent air pollution, the Integrated Sterilizer and Shredder’s chamber was created to run efficiently as a closed system.
- Expelled air, bad odours and other fumes are fully contained within the chamber and biohazard odour filters are fitted over each discharge point in the system. Celiton’s animal carcass removal equipment will effectively replace any currently in-use method as an economically viable, environmentally sustainable and safe means of carcass disposal alternative.
- The ISS AGRI offers a cleaner, safer, and quicker dead animal disposal solution. Animal by-product incineration, typically used to avoid the hazards associated with carcass transportation, is rendered obsolete since the ISS AGRI eliminates the risk of storing and transporting dead animal carcasses without emitting any harmful substances, and can help you recycle useful by-products from the disposed carcasses.
Carcass disposal made simple
Farms and slaughterhouses usually look for a carcass disposal method that can be easily accessed and doesn’t require too much research to understand the proper regulations of the method. Of course, when it comes to agricultural and environmental issues, it can never be too easy if you want your carcass disposal to be handled safely and effectively.
Still, some methods are easier to use than others.
- Using landfills for carcass disposal will always require research on your part, as not all of them accept animal carcasses. This means you will have to check with each landfill beforehand. Certain landfills also require you to use certain methods (e.g. double-bagging) before accepting to handle the disposal of your animal waste. And even after you’ve checked everything, you still have to find a solution for transportation: only licensed services can handle that part, which means even more research on your part.
- Pit burials can save you the time and energy that landfills require for carcass disposal, but this method is only permitted in selected states and countries, and even then there are regulations to follow.
- On the other hand, Celitron’s animal waste rendering and carcass disposal unit already adheres to all EU and WHO recommendations: this way we can not only guarantee you the credibility of our method but also save you some time with researching what rules to follow. You also won’t need to worry about transportation anymore!
In a nutshell, money isn’t the only thing you’ll be saving by using Celitron’s on-site carcass disposal system: you’ll be saving yourself a lot of time and effort as well. For more information about the ISS AGRI Facility, JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK, or in case you have any questions, CONTACT THE CELITRON TEAM!