If you have ever wondered about how companies like Celitron can convert animal tissue waste into stable, reusable materials, it is all thanks to the process of rendering. Any method that processes animal by-products into something useful can be treated as such.
Regardless of the activity in question, all industries produce waste. However, the impact of that waste can be even more dangerous in the case of healthcare facilities.
Insect farming can be a touchy subject with most people, as our first reaction (understandably) isn’t to view anything with six legs as food. However, the irrefutable benefits of insects like the black soldier fly larvae (often abbreviated as BSFL) may soon overshadow the negative perceptions commonly associated with insects as a source of food.
Animal health and disease prevention are one of the main concerns for agricultural industries working with livestock. Although governments and international organizations set standards to hinder the pathogens causing a threat to animal welfare, sometimes the regulations for disease prevention are not enough. The recent incident in New Zealand, a country heavily relying on its farming industry, is a great example of large and wasteful disease prevention. The government has decided to kill 150,000 cows to eradicate the hazardous bacteria from the national herd and save the economy. There are 24,000 cows already slaughtered. Some of them are transported and slaughtered in processing plants for meat, while some will be killed and buried in animal waste incinerator. For New Zealand, dairy is the main export good, and the eradication program is estimated to cost 886 million New Zealand dollars (€513 million.) Although rendering animals is a common practice to further convert the animal by-product into useful materials and profit, the livestock rendering is currently not carried out.
Clean steam generators in 2018 - innovations and their impact in medical field A clean, sterilized and germ free environment is crucial for smooth operation of any hospital, clinic or any other healthcare institution – after all you want to get your patients better not worse, right? Sterilization is absolutely crucial for prevention of spread of infectious diseases.
The healthcare system is designed to prolong life expectancy of patients and enhance their quality of life. Unfortunately, healthcare activities that aim to save lives lead to the generation of large amount of medical waste products. Of the total amount of medical waste products that are produced in each year, 85% of them are categorized as general non-hazardous waste, while the remaining 15% are known to be hazardous to human health.
Advancements in medical technology have created better conditions and results for patients, physicians as well the environment. Celitron Medical Technologies is a well-known name in this field due to their focus on developing and producing medical sterilization equipment.
Autoclave machines come in such a wide variety of formats, footprints, and sizes today; it can be hard to know which size to purchase for your hospital facility or laboratory. Given that an autoclave is a fairly expensive piece of kit though, it’s important to consider carefully and make sure you’re getting the right one to meet your needs.
The production and process control of vaccines are different from those of conventional pharmaceutical products. However, the process is still based on the general principles of good manufacturing process.
It may not be sexy, but its importance cannot be underestimated: the safety of regulated medical waste created as part of the care of our patients. We are well versed on how to properly contain this waste in appropriately labeled, leak proof containers and sharps boxes but what happens next may remain a mystery to most.